Meet Mary Ann!
Mary Ann recently served as Government Liaison/Policy Advisor to Congresswoman Grace F. Napolitano. She is the former Mayor of Monrovia first elected as Mayor of the City of Monrovia in 2009 and re-elected 2011 and 2013. She served as a Monrovia City Council Member from 2003-2009. As Council Member and Mayor, she held several key city, regional, and federal leadership roles including serving as Chair of the Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board 2003-2012, President of San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments, Advisory Board Member and Chair of Women Mayors for the US Conference of Mayors.
Mary Ann is also a key member of many local community boards including:
- Past President, Foothill Unity Center
- President, Monrovia Library Foundation
- President, National Women’s Political Caucus, San Gabriel Valley
- Board Member, Boys and Girls Club of the Foothills
- Founding Member, Healing Connections – suicide prevention organization
- Member, Immigration Resources Center of San Gabriel Valley
- Member and Past President, Monrovia Rotary Club
- Member, Monrovia Guild of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- District Chair (2013-2015), Boys Scouts Lucky Baldwin District
- Member School Site Council, Santa Fe Middle School 2003 to present
Mary Ann is the recipient of many awards including (partial list):
- Monrovia Iris Award (Citizen of the Year), 2001
- Civic Award, Pasadena NAACP, 2011
- The Golden Apple Award, Northwest San Gabriel Valley Administrators Association, 2010
- Government Award, San Gabriel Valley Civic Alliance, 2013
Mary Ann attended Boise State University. Mary Ann is the owner of Lutz & Company, Inc., a court reporting consulting firm, in Monrovia. Mary Ann and her husband Corey have lived in Monrovia for more than thirty-five years and feel blessed to have found this wonderful community.